Date: Thursday 26 November 2020, 10:00-12:00 and 13:30-15:30 Central European Time (CET)
Venue: Online Event via Zoom
Registration Deadline: 24 November 2020
Topics will cover:
* The Trans-national Access Programme: The solar telescopes GREGOR, SST, THEMIS, and VTT plus the Piz Daint supercomputer
* The Virtual Access Programme: Databases for solar data and their use.
* Presentations and discussions on issues related to telescope and database operations and use.
Anyone with an interest in high-resolution solar physics is welcome to register. This specifically includes current or potential users of the solar telescopes, the supercomputer, and the databases. Participation is free of cost but registration is necessary.
For registration, please email SOLARNETemail@example.com with the following information: 1) Your full name, 2) Position held, 3) Institute/ Organization affiliation and 3) email address.
10:05 SOLARNET Access Programmes
- Trans-national Access programme – Dan Kiselman (SU) and information from operators bout the facilities: GREGOR&VTT, SST, THEMIS, SUNRISE 3, Piz Daint, and Q&A
- Discussion on up-coming calls for proposals.
- Virtual Access programme – Mats Carlsson (UiO) and information from the operators about the databases: Hinode SDC, BE-WISSDOM, Stockholm SST Archive, IBIS-A, GRIS Data Arhive, and Q & A
13:30 Coordination and dissemination
- Coordination between ALMA and ground-based telescopes – Miroslav Barta (ASU)
- Service mode observations – Gregal Vissers (SU)
- Coordinated observations – Carsten Denker (AIP)
- Big-data storage/other data networking – Nazaret Bello Gonzalez (KIS)
- Software inventory – Robertus Erdelyi (USFD)
- Metadata for observations – Stein Vidar Haugan (UiO)
- Metadata for simulations – Stein Vidar Haugan (UiO)
15:30 End of Forum