Organisational structure of SOLARNET H2020
The SOLARNET Board – General Assembly – is the top-level ultimate decision-making and governing body of the Consortium.
The General Assembly is composed out of one institutional representative from each beneficiary.
It shall meet:
- at least once a year
- any time upon written request of the Executive Committee or 1/3 of the Members of the Board
- Receive progress reports (technical & financial) from the Executive Board, the Project Office, the JRAs & NAs Chairs and the Forum for Access and Service (FAS)
- Review the progress report, make strategic decisions on project execution and budget allocation.
- Approve as necessary all technical and financial reports and plans to the EC
- Make recommendations as appropriate to the Executive Board
- Appoint the JRAs & NAs Chairs
- Appoint sub-committees as necessary
- Administrative & technical support necessary for the effective coordination of the project
- Financial management – Budget review
- Travel organization – related to Mobility program, Trans-national Access Programme
- Make recommendations to the General Assembly & Executive Board
- Appropriate allocation & management of the resources
- Collect information from the beneficiaries & preparation and submission of necessary periodic reports, deliverables and other information to the EC.
The Executive Committee is responsible for the proper execution of the Project and for the implementation of the strategic decisions taken by the General Assembly Broad.
- Coordinator, Project Scientist, Project Manager and all WP leaders
- Meeting are held at least quarterly (mainly via videoconference)
Work Packages & Work Package Leaders
- WP1 – Management- The Project Management Team
- WP2 – Coordination for improved exploitation of solar physics infrastructures – Dan Kiselman
- WP3 – Network activities to foster synergistic collaborations – Francesca Zuccarello
- WP4 – Engagement, Communication and Dissemination – Richard Morton
- WP5 – Towards a European Solar Data Center – Nazaret Bello Gonzalez
- WP6 – Advanced Instrumentation Development – Manuel Collados
- WP7 – Multi-conjugate Adaptive Optics for EST – Oskar von der Lühe
- WP8 – Solar Physics Research Integrated Network Group SPRING – Markus Roth
- WP9 – Trans-National Access Programme – Dan Kiselman
- WP10 – Virtual Access Programme – Mats Carlsson