Research Assistant / Master’s Student
Universitätsplatz 5, Graz, A-8010, Austria
Birth Place, Country: Graz, Austria
• Master of Science (University of Graz / Graz University of Technology, Astrophysics, 08/2018 – present)
• Bachelor of Science (University of Graz / Graz University of Technology, Physics, 10/2015 – 08/2018)
• Higher Technical Education Institute (HTL Kaindorf/Sulm, Computer Science, 09/2007 – 06/2012)
• 03/2019 – present: Research Assistant, University of Graz (Institute of Physics)
• 05/2013 – 10/2015: Senior System Analyst, BearingPoint GmbH
Current research/ job focus: Development of advanced algorithms for image processing in the Solar Physics Research Integrated Network Group (SPRING).
Area of expertise: Applied research in the field of physics/astrophysics, software design and implementation
Area of interests: solar physics, deep learning, open source software
Role in SOLARNET/PRE-EST:
Data recording and processing for the Solar Physics Research Integrated Network Group (SPRING) including data homogenization and automatic flare detection
Life outside science: Archery, hiking, cycling
A dose of motivation: Stay open minded and follow your interests.
What motivated you to choose your field of study/ your professional field?
Solar physics provides a detailed insight into the complex processes happening at our closest star, with constant acquisition of vast amount of data. Recent successes in computer science opened new opportunities for processing and interpretation of these data products. For this reason, I am very excited to combine my scientific and engineering expertise, to solve complex tasks with state-of-the-art technologies.